Sort by:
Post not yet marked as solved
0 Replies
I have been trying to replicate the entity transform functionality present in the magnificent app Museum That Never Was (https://apps.apple.com/us/app/the-museum-that-never-was/id6477230794) -- it allows you to simultaneously rotate, magnify and translate the entity, using gestures with both hands (as opposed to normal DragGesture() which is a one-handed gesture). I am able to rotate & magnify simultaneously but translating via drag does not activate while doing two-handed gestures. Any ideas? My setup is something like so: Gestures: var drag: some Gesture { DragGesture() .targetedToEntity(where: QueryPredicate<Entity>.has(MyComponent.self)) .onChanged { value in gestureTranslation = value.convert(value.translation3D, from: .local, to: .scene) } .onEnded { value in itemTranslation += gestureTranslation gestureTranslation = .init() } } var rotate: some Gesture { RotateGesture3D() .targetedToEntity(where: QueryPredicate<Entity>.has(MyComponent.self)) .onChanged { value in gestureRotation = simd_quatf(value.rotation.quaternion).inverse } .onEnded { value in itemRotation = gestureRotation * itemRotation gestureRotation = .identity } } var magnify: some Gesture { MagnifyGesture() .targetedToEntity(where: QueryPredicate<Entity>.has(MyComponent.self)) .onChanged { value in gestureScale = Float(value.magnification) } .onEnded { value in itemScale *= gestureScale gestureScale = 1.0 } } RealityView modifiiers: .simultaneousGesture(drag) .simultaneousGesture(rotate) .simultaneousGesture(magnify) RealityView update block: entity.position = itemTranslation + gestureTranslation + exhibitDefaultPosition entity.orientation = gestureRotation * itemRotation entity.scaleAll(itemScale * gestureScale)
Posted
by
0 Replies
Recently a bunch of folks have asked about why a specific symbol is being referenced by their app. This is my attempt to address that question. If you have questions or comments, please start a new thread. Tag it with Linker so that I see it. Share and Enjoy — Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com" Determining Why a Symbol is Referenced In some situations you might want to know why a symbol is referenced by your app. For example: You might be working with a security auditing tool that flags uses of malloc. You might be creating a privacy manifest and want to track down where your app is calling stat. This post is my attempt at explaining a general process for tracking down the origin of these symbol references. This process works from ‘below’. That is, it works ‘up’ from you app’s binary rather than ‘down’ from your app’s source code. That’s important because: It might be hard to track down all of your source code, especially if you’re using one or more package management systems. If your app has a binary dependency on a static library, dynamic library, or framework, you might not have access to that library’s source code. IMPORTANT This post assumes the terminology from An Apple Library Primer. Read that before continuing here. The general outline of this process is: Find all Mach-O images. Find the Mach-O image that references the symbol. Find the object files (.o) used to make that Mach-O. Find the object file that references the symbol. Find the code within that object file. This post assumes that you’re using Xcode. If you’re using third-party tools that are based on Apple tools, and specifically Apple’s linker, you should be able to adapt this process to your tooling. If you’re using a third-party tool that has its own linker, you’ll need to ask for help via your tool’s support channel. Find all Mach-O images On Apple platforms an app consists of a number of Mach-O images. Every app has a main executable. The app may also embed dynamic libraries or frameworks. The app may also embed app extensions or system extensions, each of which have their own executable. And a Mac app might have embedded bundles, helper tools, XPC services, agents, daemons, and so on. To find all the Mach-O images in your app, combine the find and file tools. For example: % find "Apple Configurator.app" -print0 | xargs -0 file | grep Mach-O Apple Configurator.app/Contents/MacOS/Apple Configurator: Mach-O universal binary with 2 architectures: [x86_64:Mach-O 64-bit executable x86_64] [arm64] … Apple Configurator.app/Contents/MacOS/cfgutil: Mach-O universal binary with 2 architectures: [x86_64:Mach-O 64-bit executable x86_64] [arm64:Mach-O 64-bit executable arm64] … Apple Configurator.app/Contents/Extensions/ConfiguratorIntents.appex/Contents/MacOS/ConfiguratorIntents: Mach-O universal binary with 2 architectures: [x86_64:Mach-O 64-bit executable x86_64] [arm64:Mach-O 64-bit executable arm64] … Apple Configurator.app/Contents/Frameworks/ConfigurationUtilityKit.framework/Versions/A/ConfigurationUtilityKit: Mach-O universal binary with 2 architectures: [x86_64:Mach-O 64-bit dynamically linked shared library x86_64] [arm64] … This shows that Apple Configurator has a main executable (Apple Configurator), a helper tool (cfgutil), an app extension (ConfiguratorIntents), a framework (ConfigurationUtilityKit), and many more. This output is quite unwieldy. For nicer output, create and use a shell script like this: % cat FindMachO.sh #! /bin/sh # Passing `-0` to `find` causes it to emit a NUL delimited after the # file name and the `:`. Sadly, macOS `cut` doesn’t support a nul # delimiter so we use `tr` to convert that to a DLE (0x01) and `cut` on # that. # # Weirdly, `find` only inserts the NUL on the primary line, not the # per-architecture Mach-O lines. We use that to our advantage, filtering # out the per-architecture noise by only passing through lines # containing a DLE. find "$@" -type f -print0 \ | xargs -0 file -0 \ | grep -a Mach-O \ | tr '\0' '\1' \ | grep -a $(printf '\1') \ | cut -d $(printf '\1') -f 1 Find the Mach-O image that references the symbol Once you have a list of Mach-O images, use nm to find the one that references the symbol. The rest of this post investigate a test app, WaffleVarnishORama, that’s written in Swift but uses waffle management functionality from the libWaffleCore.a static library. The goal is to find the code that calls calloc. This app has a single Mach-O image: % FindMachO.sh "WaffleVarnishORama.app" WaffleVarnishORama.app/WaffleVarnishORama Use nm to confirm that it references calloc: % nm "WaffleVarnishORama.app/WaffleVarnishORama" | grep "calloc" U _calloc The _calloc symbol has a leading underscore because it’s a C symbol. This convention dates from the dawn of Unix, where the underscore distinguish C symbols from assembly language symbols. The U prefix indicates that the symbol is undefined, that is, the Mach-O images is importing the symbol. If the symbol name is prefixed by a hex number and some other character, like T or t, that means that the library includes an implementation of calloc. That’s weird, but certainly possible. OTOH, if you see this then you know this Mach-O image isn’t importing calloc. IMPORTANT If this Mach-O isn’t something that you build — that is, you get this Mach-O image as a binary from another developer — you won’t be able to follow the rest of this process. Instead, ask for help via that library’s support channel. Find the object files used to make that Mach-O image The next step is to track down which .o file includes the reference to calloc. Do this by generating a link map. A link map is an old school linker feature that records the location, size, and origin of every symbol added to the linker’s output. To generate a link map, enable the Write Link Map File build setting. By default this puts the link map into a text (.txt) file within the derived data directory. To find the exact path, look at the Link step in the build log. If you want to customise this, use the Path to Link Map File build setting. A link map has three parts: A simple header A list of object files used to build the Mach-O image A list of sections and their symbols In our case the link map looks like this: # Path: …/WaffleVarnishORama.app/WaffleVarnishORama # Arch: arm64 # Object files: [ 0] linker synthesized [ 1] objc-file [ 2] …/AppDelegate.o [ 3] …/MainViewController.o [ 4] …/libWaffleCore.a[2](WaffleCore.o) [ 5] …/Foundation.framework/Foundation.tbd … # Sections: # Address Size Segment Section 0x100008000 0x00001AB8 __TEXT __text … The list of object files contains: An object file for each of our app’s source files — That’s AppDelegate.o and MainViewController.o in this example. A list of static libraries — Here that’s just libWaffleCore.a. A list of dynamic libraries — These might be stub libraries (.tbd), dynamic libraries (.dylib), or frameworks (.framework). Focus on the object files and static libraries. The list of dynamic libraries is irrelevant because each of those is its own Mach-O image. Find the object file that references the symbol Once you have list of object files and static libraries, use nm to each one for the calloc symbol: % nm "…/AppDelegate.o" | grep calloc % nm "…/MainViewController.o" | grep calloc % nm "…/libWaffleCore.a" | grep calloc U _calloc This indicates that only libWaffleCore.a references the calloc symbol, so let’s focus on that. Note As in the Mach-O case, the U prefix indicates that the symbol is undefined, that is, the object file is importing the symbol. Find the code within that object file To find the code within the object file that references the symbol, use the objdump tool. That tool takes an object file as input, but in this example we have a static library. That’s an archive containing one or more object files. So, the first step is to unpack that archive: % mkdir "libWaffleCore-objects" % cd "libWaffleCore-objects" % ar -x "…/libWaffleCore.a" % ls -lh total 24 -rw-r--r-- 1 quinn staff 4.1K 8 May 11:24 WaffleCore.o -rw-r--r-- 1 quinn staff 56B 8 May 11:24 __.SYMDEF SORTED There’s only a single object file in that library, which makes things easy. If there were a multiple, run the following process over each one independently. To find the code that references a symbol, run objdump with the -S and -r options: % xcrun objdump -S -r "WaffleCore.o" … ; extern WaffleRef newWaffle(void) { 0: d10083ff sub sp, sp, #32 4: a9017bfd stp x29, x30, [sp, #16] 8: 910043fd add x29, sp, #16 c: d2800020 mov x0, #1 10: d2800081 mov x1, #4 ; Waffle * result = calloc(1, sizeof(Waffle)); 14: 94000000 bl 0x14 <ltmp0+0x14> 0000000000000014: ARM64_RELOC_BRANCH26 _calloc … Note the ARM64_RELOC_BRANCH26 line. This tells you that the instruction before that — the bl at offset 0x14 — references the _calloc symbol. IMPORTANT The ARM64_RELOC_BRANCH26 relocation is specific to the bl instruction in 64-bit Arm code. You’ll see other relocations for other instructions. And the Intel architecture has a whole different set of relocations. So, when searching this output don’t look for ARM64_RELOC_BRANCH26 specifically, but rather any relocation that references _calloc. In this case we’ve built the object file from source code, so WaffleCore.o contains debug symbols. That allows objdump include information about the source code context. From that, we can easily see that calloc is referenced by our newWaffle function. To see what happens when you don’t have debug symbols, create an new object file with them stripped out: % cp "WaffleCore.o" "WaffleCore-stripped.o" % strip -x -S "WaffleCore-stripped.o" Then repeat the objdump command: % xcrun objdump -S -r "WaffleCore-stripped.o" … 0000000000000000 <_newWaffle>: 0: d10083ff sub sp, sp, #32 4: a9017bfd stp x29, x30, [sp, #16] 8: 910043fd add x29, sp, #16 c: d2800020 mov x0, #1 10: d2800081 mov x1, #4 14: 94000000 bl 0x14 <_newWaffle+0x14> 0000000000000014: ARM64_RELOC_BRANCH26 _calloc … While this isn’t as nice as the previous output, you can still see that newWaffle is calling calloc.
Posted
by
0 Replies
I'm building a live activity with push token updates for my app as described in the documentation and implemented in the EmojiRangers example. The workflow is working fine for fairly new devices (iPhone > 13) - however, the asynchronous pushTokenUpdates sequence used to observe changes to the push token of a Live Activity is not getting triggered on some older devices (i.e. iPhone XR, iPad 8th Generation). Is there a minimum device version for this sequence? This is the code I'm using: "--------Task--------" gets printed, "--------PushTokenUpdate--------" does not (on older devices): do { let activity = try Activity.request( attributes: matchAttributes, content: .init(state: initialContentState, staleDate: nil), pushType: .token ) Task { print("--------Task--------") for await pushToken in activity.pushTokenUpdates { print("--------PushTokenUpdate--------") } } } catch { Logger().error("Error starting LiveActivity: \(String(describing: error))") }
Posted
by
0 Replies
If an in-app purchase is made when my app is not running, the next time the app launches Transaction.updates will emits a transaction for the purchase. That's great. But if an in-app purchase is refunded when my app is not running, the next time the app launches Transaction.updates will NOT emits a transaction for the refund. Is that the expected behaviour? If yes, in order to check for refunds at app launch, are we supposed to cycle trough Transaction.all and search for them? Thank you
Posted
by
1 Replies
OS Version: macOS 13.6.3 (22G436) Code Type: ARM64 We recently observed that the system extension process CPU based on networkextension (data-filter firewall) has been 99% busy for a period of time. We try to deauthorize data-filter so that the firewall stops working and the NEFilterDataProvider object is released. However, the system extension process CPU usage is always 99% busy. Then I used Instruments-CPU Counters to observe that a thread (thread id: 0x2abf9b) has been busy, but no useful backtrace information was captured. Through the sample command, I caught the backtrace and found that the busy process (thread id: 2801563 == 0x2abf9b) is in this state. 35 Thread_1336407 DispatchQueue_442: NEFilterExtensionProviderContext queue (serial) + 35 start_wqthread (in libsystem_pthread.dylib) + 8 [0x1a1afad94] + 35 _pthread_wqthread (in libsystem_pthread.dylib) + 288 [0x1a1afc074] + 35 _dispatch_workloop_worker_thread (in libdispatch.dylib) + 648 [0x1a1963244] + 35 _dispatch_lane_invoke (in libdispatch.dylib) + 384 [0x1a19585f8] + 35 _dispatch_lane_serial_drain (in libdispatch.dylib) + 372 [0x1a1957960] + 35 _dispatch_source_invoke (in libdispatch.dylib) + 1176 [0x1a1966ce0] + 35 _dispatch_source_cancel_callout (in libdispatch.dylib) + 204 [0x1a1967890] + 35 _dispatch_continuation_pop (in libdispatch.dylib) + 504 [0x1a1953884] + 35 _dispatch_client_callout (in libdispatch.dylib) + 20 [0x1a1950400] + 35 _dispatch_call_block_and_release (in libdispatch.dylib) + 32 [0x1a194e874] + 35 __75-[NEFilterDataExtensionProviderContext setupSocketSourceWithControlSocket:]_block_invoke (in NetworkExtension) + 112 [0x1b1e0dd74] + 35 close (in libsystem_kernel.dylib) + 8 [0x1a1ac0ac0] note: the picture screenshot and the text description backtrace are from different machines, but the problem is the same. This seems to be a newly introduced bug in the network extension? This problem did not occur for a long time between 10.15 and 10.12.
Posted
by
1 Replies
when using Xcode15, we found that using Xcode 15 to access keychain may fail. Although using Xcode earlier than 15 may have same question, but the probability is higher on Xcode15. Anyone has the same question and how to fix it?
Posted
by
0 Replies
Hello, I'm experiencing a sad BUG. I am deaf, blind, in a wheelchair. I program in XCode via Braille display. I compile any APP in XCode, including the APP test "Hello world!" and I transfer this APP to my iPhone via USB cable or Wi-Fi. So, when I try to enter the APP, VoiceOver suddenly deactivates itself and no longer activates. I always have to turn off my iPhone and turn it on again. He only reacts with someone he sees as helping. I'm not programming in XCode, because I can't test APPS on my iPhone anymore. Help me. Software in Mac: XCode 15.4 beta Software MacOS: latest version; Software in iPhone:iOS 17.5 Hardware: iPhone 14 Pro Max The BUG happens always.
Posted
by
Post marked as solved
1 Replies
I'm getting an "No exact matches in call to instance method 'setValue'" error for a property that has a enum as a value. How do I fix this? Any help would be appreciated. enum FluidUnit: CaseIterable, Identifiable { case ounce, liter var id: Self { self } var title: String { switch self { case .ounce: return "ounce" case .liter: return "liters" } } } @Model class Drink: Identifiable, Hashable { let id: UUID = UUID() let name: String = "" var shortName: String = "" var amount: Double = 0.0 let unitOfMeasure: FluidUnit = FluidUnit.ounce let date: Date = Date() var image: String = "water" var favorite: Bool = false init(name: String, amount: Double, unitOfMeasure: FluidUnit, image: String, favorite: Bool = false, shortName: String = "") { self.id = UUID() self.name = name self.amount = amount self.unitOfMeasure = unitOfMeasure self.date = Date() self.image = image self.favorite = favorite self.shortName = shortName } static func == (lhs: Drink, rhs: Drink) -> Bool { lhs.id == rhs.id } func hash(into hasher: inout Hasher) { hasher.combine(id) } }
Posted
by
1 Replies
SecItemCopyMatching crash occurs while iOS creating RSA. Test device is iPhone6s plus. How can I solve this? The crash log is as follows: 0 libobjc.A.dylib 0x0000000198964cf4 objc_msgSend + 20 (:-1) 1 Security 0x0000000189989968 SecTokenItemCreateFromAttributes + 80 (SecItem.m:996) 2 Security 0x00000001898f6db0 SecItemResultCopyPrepared + 2876 (SecItem.m:1195) 3 Security 0x00000001898ea5fc SecItemResultProcess + 376 (SecItem.m:1252) 4 Security 0x00000001898e0168 __SecItemCopyMatching_block_invoke_2 + 324 (SecItem.m:1893) 5 Security 0x00000001898e0a70 __SecItemAuthDoQuery_block_invoke + 524 (SecItem.m:1591) 6 Security 0x00000001898df2c0 SecItemAuthDoQuery + 1204 (SecItem.m:1557) 7 Security 0x00000001898e0614 __SecItemCopyMatching_block_invoke + 104 (SecItem.m:1883) 8 Security 0x00000001898e665c SecOSStatusWith + 48 (SecItem.m:331) 9 Security 0x00000001898e0374 SecItemCopyMatching + 364 (SecItem.m:1882)
Posted
by
0 Replies
What are the identifiers for these iPad models in 2024?
Posted
by
0 Replies
I start a project for iPad/iPhone and I set SwiftUI - RealityKit and I can’t get the build to compile. I do nothing but create a project and hit run. So I am wondering if it’s even possible to run RealityKit on just an iPad anymore. I then tried to use Reality composer to import a basic cylinder shape to my project and that wouldn’t run either. So I am wondering how to get a 3D model into my iPad app so that the user can interact with it. Thanks for any help
Posted
by
0 Replies
Hello, For a short time before and just after we announce our app we would like to make it available by direct link only. We don't want it to be searchable on the app store. Can anyone tell me if this is possible and if so, what the best way to do this is? Thanks
Posted
by
1 Replies
My application runs smoothly in our local environment. however, we consistently encounter errors upon launch in TestFlight. Despite our efforts to update our libraries and address these issues, the problem still persists. For more detailed insight, I have attached the crash log here.
Posted
by
0 Replies
[visionOS Question] I’m using the hierarchy of an entity loaded from a RealityKit Pro project to drive the content of a NavigationSplitView. I’d like to render any of the child entities in a RealityKitView in the detail pane when a user selects the child entity name from the list in the NavigationSplitView. I haven’t been able to render the entity in the detail view yet. I have tried updating the position/scaling to no avail. I also tried adding an AnchorEntity and set the child entity parent to it. I’m starting to suspect that the way to do it is to create a scene for each individual child entity in the RealityKit Pro project. I’d prefer to avoid this approach as I want a data-driven approach. Is there a way to implement my idea in RealityKit in code?
Posted
by
0 Replies
Hello everyone, few months ago I submitted my new app for review, but got automated message back: We need additional time to evaluate your submission and Apple Developer Program account. Your submission status will appear as "Rejected" in App Store Connect while we investigate. However, we do not require a revised binary or additional information from you at this time. thought it won't take long (I was wrong) , I waited for a whole month and nothing, then I started researching and some other devs suggested to cancel that submition and resubmit , and I did just that , same thing happened this time , almost 3 weeks that i've been waiting , if any one from apple sees this please help me :(
Posted
by
0 Replies
We're looking at mitigation options for the TunnelVisioning attack that exploits DHCP option 121 to set routes. It looks like Per-App VPN doesn't have the problem, but in standard mode we aren't able to touch potentially malicious host routes, so while we can mitigate it we can't eliminate the security problem completely. Is there any way to tell iOS and macOS to ignore DHCP option 121? Or even better, does Apple have a fix in the works?
Posted
by
0 Replies
This bundle is invalid. The value for key CFBundleVersion [1.0.1] in the Info.plist file must contain a higher version than that of the previously uploaded version [5]. Please find more information about CFBundleVersion at https://developer.apple.com/documentation/bundleresources/information_property_list/cfbundleversion (ID: 978303b8-eb71-4d71-9169-b0b0860fd8ec) The issue is an error while uploading macOS version 1.0.1 to the App store. If I want to solve it simply and quickly now, do I have to skip 1.0.1 and upload version 5.0.1 right away? I made an inquiry to Apple, but they only asked me to ask the forum or provide technical support. I would appreciate it if you could reply even if it's not accurate. I don't know if the problem is mine or Apple's problem, so I can't solve it for a long time.
Posted
by
1 Replies
I'm trying to use rvictl but here's what I run into > rvictl Could not get list of devices > sudo launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.rpmuxd.plist Load failed: 5: Input/output error Try running `launchctl bootstrap` as root for richer errors. > ls /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.rpmuxd.plist ls: /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.rpmuxd.plist: No such file or directory XCode version 15.3 MacOS Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple M1 Max
Posted
by

TestFlight Public Links

Get Started

Pinned Posts

Categories

See all