Sort by:
Post not yet marked as solved
0 Replies
Is there a way out of the WeatherKit REST API to get a textual summary of the weather like the iPhone app from Apple shows? Right now the local forecast on the iPhone app says "Sunny conditions from 7pm-8pm, with partly cloudy conditions expected at 8PM". Is this something the app rolls on it's own or is there a attribute-value pair in one of the returned JSON datasets that has this text. It's not in the "forecastDaily" dataset. *Humorous that it says "Sunny conditions from 7pm-8pm" because that's about the time the sun is setting. That forecast was from 1PM.
Posted
by
0 Replies
Hi all , We are planning to manage about 1 Million+ Apple devices of inclusive of both iPhone and Mac devices under a AxM Account. However while adding VPP Licenses for an App i'm prompted with below error: " You cannot order more than 100000 copies of same the free item per week" While our goal is to manage 1 Million devices under same Location token , i have below questions in mind 1 . What is the upper limit of number of Licenses that can be added per app in a Location token? Currently it says 1 Lakh Licenses per app per week . Wanted to know if there is any limit on this count as it shouldn't surprise us in upcoming weeks. 2 . How many Locations can be created in a AxM Account? Currently we created about 15 location to see if there are any limit but so far couldn't find any limit on number of locations that can be created. This limit could help us plan our deployment in advance 3 . What is the total number of licenses a VPP Location token can hold ? As we manage 1 Million Devices for 12 Apps , 1 Million x 12= 12 Million licenses would be transacted in this location token by our MDM Solution , is this okay or will there be any limitations in this count
Posted
by
0 Replies
I have a view which is a form allowing me to edit details of a category item. In the toolbar, there is a button called "Cancel," whose sole function is to call the rollback function in the ModelContext class. This function should allow you to revert any changes made to the context. However, it appears that this rollback function is neither triggering the view update nor working properly, as I need to restart the app to see the changes reverted which just work when the property "isAutosaveEnabled" is set to false. Container configuration goes below import SwiftUI @main struct Index: App { var body: some Scene { WindowGroup { Window() } .modelContainer( for: [ Bill.self, Category.self ], isAutosaveEnabled: false, isUndoEnabled: true ) } } Rollback usage that don't work import SwiftUI import SwiftData import Foundation struct CategoryForm: View { @Environment(\.presentationMode) private var presentationMode @Environment(\.modelContext) private var modelContext @Bindable var category: Category var body: some View { NavigationStack { Form { Section( header: Text("Basic Information"), content: { TextField("Title", text: $category.name) } ) } .navigationTitle("New Category") .navigationBarTitleDisplayMode(.inline) .toolbar { // Cancel Button ToolbarItem( placement: .topBarLeading, content: { Button( action: onCancel, label: { Text("Cancel") } ) } ) // Done Button ToolbarItem( placement: .topBarTrailing, content: { Button( action: onDone, label: { Text("Done") } ) .disabled(category.name.isEmpty) } ) } } } func onCancel() { modelContext.rollback() presentationMode.wrappedValue.dismiss() } func onDone() { modelContext.insert(category) do { try modelContext.save() } catch { fatalError("Failed to save category") } presentationMode.wrappedValue.dismiss() } }
Posted
by
0 Replies
This code to write UIImage data as heic works in iOS simulator with iOS < 17.5 import AVFoundation import UIKit extension UIImage { public var heic: Data? { heic() } public func heic(compressionQuality: CGFloat = 1) -> Data? { let mutableData = NSMutableData() guard let destination = CGImageDestinationCreateWithData(mutableData, AVFileType.heic as CFString, 1, nil), let cgImage = cgImage else { return nil } let options: NSDictionary = [ kCGImageDestinationLossyCompressionQuality: compressionQuality, kCGImagePropertyOrientation: cgImageOrientation.rawValue, ] CGImageDestinationAddImage(destination, cgImage, options) guard CGImageDestinationFinalize(destination) else { return nil } return mutableData as Data } public var isHeicSupported: Bool { (CGImageDestinationCopyTypeIdentifiers() as! [String]).contains("public.heic") } var cgImageOrientation: CGImagePropertyOrientation { .init(imageOrientation) } } extension CGImagePropertyOrientation { init(_ uiOrientation: UIImage.Orientation) { switch uiOrientation { case .up: self = .up case .upMirrored: self = .upMirrored case .down: self = .down case .downMirrored: self = .downMirrored case .left: self = .left case .leftMirrored: self = .leftMirrored case .right: self = .right case .rightMirrored: self = .rightMirrored @unknown default: fatalError() } } } But with iOS 17.5 simulator it seems to be broken. The call of CGImageDestinationFinalize writes this error into the console: writeImageAtIndex:962: *** CMPhotoCompressionSessionAddImage: err = kCMPhotoError_UnsupportedOperation [-16994] (codec: 'hvc1') On physical devices it still seems to work. Is there any known workaround for the iOS simulator?
Posted
by
0 Replies
Hello Developer Community, I hope you all are doing well. We need your help to find out about one issue in Mac application deployment outside the App Store. As required notarization, if we want to release the product outside the App Store. We have built the application in ElectronJS and signed it with Developer ID Installer. The next step is notarization, where we get the issue. It says, "Team is not yet configured for notarization." We raised the problem with the Apple team 6 months ago and are still getting the same response from them: "Our engineering team is working on it." without having a timeline. I want to confirm if someone has had the same issue, how long it can take to resolve this, or if you have any solutions. Your support means a lot to us. Thanks. Dhiren Patel
Posted
by
1 Replies
Is anyone else having the same problems. We been contacting Apple for almost two week, have raised at least 3 or 4 claim tickets to get our issue resolved, but Apple does not/has not responded? Does anyone have recommendation as to what we can do. We are losing money as we cannot open up our App? Thanks, CDL
0 Replies
Hi there, I'm trying to upload a new build to my app, but I have a windows computer, so seems transporter is out of the equation. Any recommendations to upload the new ipa? A contractor with a mac took care of the original publishing of the app so I'm on my own for this one. Thanks! Evan
Posted
by
0 Replies
I am trying to find the following icon. I have gone through all the icons in SF Symbols 5.1 but have been unable to locate it. Does anyone know what this icon is or how I can get it?
Posted
by
0 Replies
I was wondering if anyone knows why the sample project uses Task.detached everywhere because it seems highly non-standard, e.g. in ContentView: .task { Task.detached { @MainActor in await flightData.load() } } Instead, I would expect to see something like: .task { flightData = await controller.loadFlightData() } Or: .task { await controller.load(flightData: flightData) } Is the use of detached perhaps an attempt to work around some issue with ObservableObject published updates?
Posted
by
0 Replies
I have an app that utilizes the Network Extension ( Packet Tunnel Provider ), but also uses MDNS to find local devices for data transfer via Network Extensions. However, once connected over Peer to Peer using AWDL0 or NWConnections, it works as expected until a user shuts the screen down. It looks like there's a difference in behavior when the device is plugged in vs when it's on just battery alone. So we can be happily sending data over p2p ( awdl0 ) then a screen shuts off and it kills the connection. Is this expected behavior and if so is there documentation? Also, Network Extensions do not appear to be able to discover over P2P, they can only connect to endpoints directly. Is this expected behavior? My thoughts; If a user allows both the Network Extension Permission and Local Network Permissions that the Network Extension should be able to discover peers via p2p. The connections ( if not asleep ) should stay active while in use.
Posted
by
Post marked as solved
2 Replies
I want to automatically load different views depending on OS (OSX or iOS). Is there a way that I can do this without the user having to click on a link? This is my code so far. struct ContentView: View { #if os(iOS) var myOS = "iOS" #elseif os(OSX) var myOS = "OSX" #else var myOS = "Something Else" #endif var body: some View { NavigationStack { VStack { Text("PLEASE WAIT....") .font(.system(size: 24)) .fontWeight(.bold) } .padding() if (myOS == "OSX"){ // Goto Screen for iMac } else{ // go to screen for iOS } } } } If I use "NavigationLink", my understanding is that the user would need to click on a link. Is there some way to do this without user interaction?
Posted
by
0 Replies
Hi, I am on version 2.2.11 of my app and I need some specific things tested. Honestly, I haven't had much luck with friends downloading and testing my app. I want people who will push the limits of the first flow of my app to hopefully produce edge cases which I can then fix. I don't mind paying. Any there any good services I can use to buy a batch of testers? Is this approach above-board as far as Apple is concerned? Thanks, Ryan
Posted
by
0 Replies
Basically I have tested in two device, it is working on iOS 15.7 and waiting for api response properly but when i am testing in iOS 16.6 Siri haven't wait for response and it was terminated itself and showing message Siri generated i.e. "I tried, but 'intentName' took too long to respond" and Siri stopped there.
Posted
by
1 Replies
Hi all, I am trying to measure the performce of my video game in iOS platform. After launching the debugger and caputre GPU workload (with "frame" selected as scope), I can not do performance profiling. The error message is: "Failed to enable shader profiler. (516)". And if I export the GPU trace and reopen it, the Xcode can not find any compatible devices connected. However, the same device used for capturing is connected. Device informations are: Mac device: MacBook Air M2, 2022 Mac OS version: Sonoma 14.4 XCode version: 15.2 (15C500b) mobile device: iPhone 13 Pro Max iOS version: 15.0 GPU performance counter can be performed using the same mobile device in my colleague's Mac. So I think there might be something wrong with my Xcode.
Posted
by
Post marked as solved
1 Replies
Environment: Mac OS Sonoma v14.4.1 Xcode 15.3 I'm new to iOS Swift development environment and trying to create a simple app to just return the current location address. I'm testing it with simulator iPhone 15 but the app is not returning any result. Please advise. Here is my code. import SwiftUI import CoreLocation struct CurrentLocationView: View { @StateObject private var locationManager = LocationManager() var body: some View { VStack { Text("Your Address:") .font(.title2) Text(locationManager.address ?? "Locating...") .multilineTextAlignment(.center) .padding() } .onAppear { locationManager.requestAuthorization() } } } class LocationManager: NSObject, ObservableObject, CLLocationManagerDelegate { private let locationManager = CLLocationManager() @Published var address: String? override init() { super.init() locationManager.delegate = self locationManager.desiredAccuracy = kCLLocationAccuracyBest } func requestAuthorization() { switch locationManager.authorizationStatus { case .notDetermined: locationManager.requestWhenInUseAuthorization() case .authorizedWhenInUse, .authorizedAlways: locationManager.startUpdatingLocation() case .denied, .restricted: // Handle denied or restricted authorization print("Location services denied") default: break } } func locationManager(_ manager: CLLocationManager, didUpdateLocations locations: [CLLocation]) { guard let location = locations.first else { return } let geocoder = CLGeocoder() geocoder.reverseGeocodeLocation(location) { [weak self] placemarks, error in guard let self = self, let placemark = placemarks?.first else { return } // Extract address components if let thoroughfare = placemark.thoroughfare, let locality = placemark.locality { let address = "\(thoroughfare), \(locality)" self.address = address } else { self.address = "Unable to determine address" } } } } #Preview { CurrentLocationView() }
Posted
by
ktl
1 Replies
My Xcode workspace contains build settings for a macOS, iOS, and tvOS application. My Sandbox macOS app builds just fine and works great - and is on the App Store. I am in the process of creating a new build / branch of this app that is not Sandboxed so that I can add IPC (Syphon support) - as I don't think I can use App Groups to enable CFMessage support (which Syphon requires) because Syphon (third party framework) - uses its own naming convention for the ports. Anyway, sandbox support for a Syphon app is a topic for another day (it's actually quite disappointing that I can't release a Syphon version on the App Store). The trouble I am having, is that even afer deleting the App Sandbox entitlement from my project, my App still seems to be running in the App Sandbox, and I can't figure out how to remove the App Sandbox entitlement completely. What I am seeing, is that even after deleting the App Sandbox entitlement (using the project settings and deleting it in the "Signing and Capabilities" tab (and also checking the entitlements file manually to doubly make sure it is gone) - I am still seeing the following error message: *** CFMessagePort: bootstrap_register(): failed 1100 (0x44c) 'Permission denied', port = 0x8703, name = 'info.v002.Syphon.332143F7-0916-428A-A88A-59B752F95304' See /usr/include/servers/bootstrap_defs.h for the error codes. It is also saving my Application Support data in the ~/Library/Containers folder, and not in ~/Library/ApplicationSupport What step am I missing?
Posted
by
1 Replies
Hi everyone, first-time caller, long-ti... wait, no, I just got here. :) I am relatively new to all things Apple, so apologies in advance if it takes me a few goes to properly explain things. We have a framework, which includes an API, an XPC service, etc, and we have a device driver. We also have some sample apps that use the framework, and if they have the app sandbox capability, then we expect them to use the XPC Service instead of accessing our driver directly. This works fine on Monterey and presumably has worked fine on all previous versions of MacOS. Something seems to have changed on Ventura, and we don't understand what. When we build the same app on Ventura, it appears to be in the sandbox (according to the Sandbox column in Activity Monitor), but in the Console there is this line (twice): default <time> <OurAppName> Revoking sandbox extension; key = 0 Which we suspect is linked to the fact that the app then does not use the XPC Service, and instead accesses the driver directly, much to our surprise. Software built on developer's machines is "Automatically managed" and "Signed to Run Locally" in case that matters. Do we need to change our code to support Ventura and onward? Or is it a bizarre bug? Oh, I should say that I'm running the latest version of Ventura (13.6.7 as of writing) but not the latest Xcode (14.2 (14C18)) and CLI tools... can't remember how to find that version... Apple clang version 14.0.0 (clang-1400.0.29.202). Any help would be appreciated, thanks. Jeremy
Posted
by
0 Replies
Hi, I'd received an invitation for test flight, but first, i need to join their development team. I'd received the email invitation for joining the team. Click "Accept Invitation", and prompt to log in. Success. But, I'd received "Cannot proceed with the request" message. Although, I'd try 2 different account tester. When, I click, "Contact Us". This page appeared. And I realize that, sometime, I didn't receive the invitation link although my teammate had sent it multiple times...
Posted
by
0 Replies
Hi, I am developing a drawing app using SafariView and is using apple pencil double tap handler for crucial features. In IOS 17.5 I lost functionality of it when interacting with SafariView, my friend confirmed that it worked with IOS 17.4 and I can confirm it also worked with IOS 17.1. However, I cannot downgrade my system nor can my uses. THIS IS A FATAL MALFUNCTION FOR MY APP. Detailedly, as I tested, the double tap handlers cannot be activated when my last tapped component is SafariView, so it never works when interacting with my web app. But I can enable this by clicking outside the SafariView or some non-SafariView component on top of it, just anything other than the Safari view, even webkit view can work but it is not usable for me. My aim is to keep listening to double tapping while interacting with SafariView in full screen, so I cannot let the user tap elsewhere to just activate double tap, there is no other walk around for me, unless there is a way to enable 120fps animation in WebKit view, which is only available in safari feature flags as I know. I would like to hear a solution in this situation or a promise of a fix, this is devastating to my users' experience. code to reproduce: import SwiftUI import WebKit import SafariServices struct SafariView: UIViewControllerRepresentable { let url: URL func makeUIViewController(context: Context) -> SFSafariViewController { return SFSafariViewController(url: url) } func updateUIViewController(_ uiViewController: SFSafariViewController, context: Context) { // No update code needed for this example } } struct WKWebViewWrapper: UIViewRepresentable { let url: URL func makeUIView(context: Context) -> WKWebView { let webView = WKWebView() let request = URLRequest(url: url) webView.load(request) return webView } func updateUIView(_ uiView: WKWebView, context: Context) { // No update code needed for this example } } struct ContentView: View { var body: some View { VStack { Image(systemName: "globe") .imageScale(.large) .foregroundStyle(.tint) .onPencilDoubleTap { value in print("tap1") } Text("Hello, world!") .padding() SafariView(url: URL(string: "https://www.example.com")!) .onPencilDoubleTap { value in print("tap2")} .frame(width:300) WKWebViewWrapper(url: URL(string: "https://www.example.com")!).onPencilDoubleTap { value in print("tap3") } .frame(width:300) } } } #Preview { ContentView() }
Posted
by
XLL
1 Replies
Hello I have a swiftUI/swiftData document based app. In this I have created a singleton object using the folllowing in my ContentView struct: @Query private var persistantStores:[PersistantStateManagerStorage] @State private var stateManager: PersistantStateManagerStorage? I then, call the following on the onAppear and onDisappear calls on the top level HStack{} item in my view .onAppear(){ if let store = persistantStores.first { self.stateManager = store // data.first } else { self.stateManager = PersistantStateManagerStorage() modelContext.insert(stateManager!) try? modelContext.save() } }.onDisappear(){ print("bye bye") self.stateManager = nil } I then wrap my view inside a if let stateManager = stateManager {} block to unwrap the optional, and bind to values with a call such as Stepper("Nudge Amount", value: Bindable(stateManager).nudgeAmount, in: 1...20) I have to use Bindable(stateManager) rather than $stateManager as the $stateManager doesn't know its been unwrapped All of this works fine until I close a document, at which point I get a crash with the message "SwiftData/BackingData.swift:124: Fatal error: Unable to get value - no backing Managed Object" which appears to happen when trying to access some of the properties of my persistantStore object (which has been retired) I assume that my persistantStore object being an optional is part of the problem but I can't work out a better method of doing what I am trying to do
Posted
by

TestFlight Public Links

Get Started

Pinned Posts

Categories

See all