Sort by:
Post not yet marked as solved
0 Replies
In the past, Apple recommended restricting USDZ models to a maximum of 100,000 triangles and a texture sizes of 2048x2048 for Apple QuickLook (and I think for RealityKit on iOS in general). Does Apple have any recommended max polygon counts for visionOS? Is it the same for models running in a Volumetric window in the shared space and in ImmersiveSpace? What is the recommended texture size for visionOS? (I seem to recall 8192x8192, but I can't find it now)
Posted
by
0 Replies
I faced a problem during development that I could not scan Code39 barcode with iPad using Vision. A sample label I used for test has multiple Code39 barcode on it and I could scan almost all barcodes except for specific one. And when I use conventional barcode scanner and free apps to scan barcode, I could scan the barcode with no problem. I failed to scan the barcode only when I use Vision function. Has anyone faced similar situation? Do you know the cause why specific barcode could not be scanned with iPad with Vision?
Posted
by
0 Replies
Hi, I face a problem that I could not scan a specific Code 39 barcode with Vision framework. We have multiple barcode in a label and almost all Code 39 can be scanned, but not for specific one. One more information, regardless the one that is not recognized with Vision can be read by a general barcode scanner. Have anyone faced similar situation? Is there unique condition to make it hard to scan the barcode when using Vision?(size, intensity, etc) Regards,
Posted
by
0 Replies
I built a custom binary which requires elevated privileges to execute. I wrote a launchd plist file and loaded it. On loading , the app is working as expected but lot of apps were corrupted. Apps like chrome, slack, zoom etc became un openable . Even my mouse right click stopped working. When I looked at the contents of the chrome in application directory it was missing few files. contents of chrome before launching my custom app -rw-r--r--@ 1 myusername admin 2556 May 14 16:49 CodeResources drwxr-xr-x@ 3 myusername admin 96 May 14 15:59 Frameworks -rw-r--r--@ 1 myusername admin 11851 May 14 16:17 Info.plist drwxr-xr-x@ 3 myusername admin 96 May 14 15:59 Library drwxr-xr-x@ 3 myusername admin 96 May 14 16:17 MacOS -rw-r--r--@ 1 myusername admin 8 May 14 15:59 PkgInfo drwxr-xr-x@ 61 myusername admin 1952 May 14 15:59 Resources drwxr-xr-x@ 3 myusername admin 96 May 14 16:17 _CodeSignature -rw-r--r--@ 1 myusername admin 12551 May 14 15:59 embedded.provisionprofile contents of chrome after launching my custom app drwxr-xr-x@ 3 myusername admin 96 May 14 15:59 Frameworks drwxr-xr-x@ 3 myusername admin 96 May 14 15:59 Library drwxr-xr-x@ 2 myusername admin 64 May 16 13:48 MacOS drwxr-xr-x@ 58 myusername admin 1856 May 16 13:48 Resources drwxr-xr-x@ 2 myusername admin 64 May 16 13:48 _CodeSignature my custom app plist file <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"> <plist version="1.0"> <dict> <key>Label</key> <string>com.zzzz.xxxx</string> <key>Program</key> <string>/path/to/app</string> <key>RunAtLoad</key> <true/> </dict> </plist> If i run my custom app as a standalone process everything works as expected, no corruption or data loss. To restore the apps, I reinstalled them. But cant figure out why this is happening. Also not sure how to make secondary click work again. I tried with multiple mouses , same issue. Any help on this is appreciated.
Posted
by
0 Replies
Hello, financial reports for April 2024 are ready since the beginning of May in AppStore connect but the “Expected payment date“ is not present in the top right of the page. Anyone facing the same issue? Do you know the reason for that?
Posted
by
0 Replies
I'm currently supporting an app where one of the dependencies we use had an update. The app is an iPad only app that is meant to be run as a kiosk (guided access, single app mode). After the dependency update for the casing of the tablet / kiosk, we noticed an uptick in errors that may or may not have been associated with the recent 3rd party software update. I wanted to verify if the update had an impact on our production kiosks. To get a good idea of whether or not the update for casework's library had a negative impact, though, I would need to run instruments on a tablet while it's in the case. There's only one power cable to the iPad and the cable that would be used to connect directly to a Mac / Xcode is the same cable that connects to the casework. Is it possible to run instruments, and then retrieve data, from an app that's not directly connected to Xcode? Or is it possible for Xcode to somehow connect via a running instance of an app remotely?
0 Replies
Hello everyone, I have been receiving this same crash report for the past month whenever I try and export a Final Cut Pro project. The FCP video will get to about 88% completion of export, then the application crashes and I get the attached report. Any leads on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated! Thank you. -Lauren
Posted
by
1 Replies
I've read the definitive "Recording Private Data in the System Log" by @eskimo and the words at man 5 os_log and written code to, specifically, turn on "Enable-Private-Data" in my app. My application is a command line and I've configured Xcode to insert what I believe to be the appropriate incantations in an Info.plist file into the unstructured executable binary. When I run the app with Terminal, I see <private> output in the Console app where I expect values to be displayed in a public manner. Nothing I've read says that <key>Enable-Private-Data</key><true/> doesn't apply to command line apps, and my own understanding of the value of of the logging mechanism rejects that notion because logging is performed all over macOS, not just in a ***.app environment. A this point, I'm firmly convinced this unexpected behavior is of my own doing, but I have paused the search for my (probably embarrassing) mistake, to write this note because of a 1% doubt I'm wrong. I'd be very happy to receive the, expected, assurance that logging configuration via an embedded Info.plist in a command line app does influence logging behavior. With that assurance, I'll know it's my problem and I'll search/find/fix. On there way there, I'll create the simplest command line app that exhibits this anomaly -- which will likely reveal my error and, if not, it'll be fodder for a bug report. Embedding an Info.plist into a command line app is a tad out of the ordinary but I've done it before (using Xcode or SPM) to carry knowledge into a CLI via a mainBundle.infoDictionary .. and in the particular case described above, I've printed that infoDictionary to show the successful embedding, viz: . . . . "OSLogPreferences": { "com.ramsaycons" = { "DEFAULT-OPTIONS" = { "Enable-Private-Data" = 1; }; }; }, . . . . Sonoma 14.5 / Xcode 15.4 / MBP (Apple M1 Max)
Posted
by
0 Replies
Hi In my app I've to complete the IDV [Identity verification] by capturing the face os user and his/her documents, for this the backend developer provides me the URL from the IDV 3rd party, which URL I do open in webview, so before during loading the camera captureing screen in webview the Live Broadcast screen pops up from no where. I don't want this Live Broadcast screen but somehow it opens anyway. Although it is good thing that my expected camera screen was still open in background so I can go further from there. First time I'm also bit confused like how this kind of screen popsup even if I did't code for it. Also it takes me a little bit time to figure out how to close that screen. Simple peoples/users who're going to use my app they don't know how to close it. Please check the screenshots I attached. Please help me to rid of this popup. Thank You
Posted
by
0 Replies
I have a sample iOS app in Xcode that I run in the iOS 17.5 Simulator. It creates a WKWebView and configures a proxy via the ProxyConfiguration API, it works as expected unless the proxy tries to establish mTLS. It seems there is no way to handle the client certificate request when using a proxy. If I navigate to a page that requests mTLS without a proxy configured, it works as expected. Here is a minimal repro: #import "ViewController.h" #import <WebKit/WebKit.h> @import Foundation; @import WebKit; @interface ViewController () <WKNavigationDelegate> @property (nonatomic,strong) WKWebView* webView; @property (nonatomic, strong) WKWebViewConfiguration * webConfig; @end @implementation ViewController - (void)loadView { [super loadView]; nw_protocol_options_t tls_options = nw_tls_create_options(); sec_protocol_options_t sec_options = nw_tls_copy_sec_protocol_options(tls_options); sec_protocol_options_set_challenge_block( sec_options, ^(sec_protocol_metadata_t metadata, sec_protocol_challenge_complete_t challenge_complete) { NSLog(@"Inside of challenge block"); challenge_complete(nil); }, dispatch_get_main_queue()); nw_endpoint_t proxy_endpoint = nw_endpoint_create_host(GetHost(), GetPort()); nw_relay_hop_t relay = nw_relay_hop_create(nil, proxy_endpoint, tls_options); nw_proxy_config_t proxy_config = nw_proxy_config_create_relay(relay, nil); nw_proxy_config_add_match_domain(proxy_config, "api.ipify.org"); self.webConfig = [[WKWebViewConfiguration alloc] init]; self.webConfig.websiteDataStore = [WKWebsiteDataStore nonPersistentDataStore]; self.webConfig.websiteDataStore.proxyConfigurations = @[ proxy_config ]; self.webView = [[WKWebView alloc] initWithFrame:self.view.frame configuration:self.webConfig]; self.webView.navigationDelegate = self; [self.view addSubview:self.webView]; } - (void)viewDidLoad { [super viewDidLoad]; NSLog(@"%s",__func__); NSURL* url = [[NSURL alloc] initWithString:@"https://api.ipify.org"]; NSURLRequest* request = [[NSURLRequest alloc] initWithURL:url]; [self.webView loadRequest:request]; } - (void)webView:(WKWebView *)webView didStartProvisionalNavigation:(WKNavigation *)navigation { NSLog(@"%s",__func__); } - (void)webView:(WKWebView *)webView didFailProvisionalNavigation:(WKNavigation *)navigation withError:(NSError *)error { NSLog(@"%s. Error %@",__func__,error); } - (void)webView:(WKWebView *)webView didReceiveAuthenticationChallenge:(NSURLAuthenticationChallenge *)challenge completionHandler:(void (^)(NSURLSessionAuthChallengeDisposition, NSURLCredential *))completionHandler { NSLog(@"%s",__func__); NSLog(@"protection space: %@", challenge.protectionSpace.authenticationMethod); completionHandler(NSURLSessionAuthChallengePerformDefaultHandling, nil); } @end The logs for this code show: -[ViewController viewDidLoad] -[ViewController webView:didStartProvisionalNavigation:] -[ViewController webView:didFailProvisionalNavigation:withError:]. Error Error Domain=NSURLErrorDomain Code=-1206 "The server “api.ipify.org” requires a client certificate." If we don't set up the ProxyConfiguration and navigate to a site that requires mTLS, the logs look like this: -[ViewController viewDidLoad] -[ViewController webView:didReceiveAuthenticationChallenge:completionHandler:] protection space: NSURLAuthenticationMethodServerTrust -[ViewController webView:didReceiveAuthenticationChallenge:completionHandler:] protection space: NSURLAuthenticationMethodClientCertificate -[ViewController webView:didStartProvisionalNavigation:] //... Eventually the request fails but the key difference is that didReceiveAuthenticationChallenge was invoked. When using the ProxyConfiguration neither that function nor the block we set via sec_protocol_options_set_challenge_block were run. I also tried to provide the client identity via sec_protocol_options_set_local_identity to no avail, and I've tried configuring these options too but they had no effect sec_protocol_options_add_tls_application_protocol(sec_options, "h2"); sec_protocol_options_set_max_tls_protocol_version(sec_options, tls_protocol_version_TLSv13); sec_protocol_options_set_peer_authentication_required(sec_options, true); Am I missing something? Or is this a bug in the ProxyConfiguration API?
Posted
by
0 Replies
Hi there! folks. Hope you are fine We want our two applications to listen to connection and disconnection notifications in the External accessory when we connect a device to USB These application are running in the background and we need to know when the device connects and disconnects from USB. In those cases, we have configured our apps to listen to local notifications as follows: EAAccessoryManager.shared().registerForLocalNotifications() NotificationCenter.default.addObserver(self, selector: #selector(didConnectAccessory(_:)), name: Notification.Name.EAAccessoryDidConnect, object: nil) NotificationCenter.default.addObserver(self, selector: #selector(didDisconnectAccessory(_:)), name: Notification.Name.EAAccessoryDidDisconnect, object: nil) When the apps are running in foreground, everything works correctly. On the other hand, when the apps are running in the background mode and with the external accessory background mode enabled, the disconnection or connection event is not sent to the applications, causing them to not be able to initialize correctly. We attach traces of the two applications running in the background in a connection event through the USB. in The first application the Notification event is received correctly. In The second application the Notification event is NOT received correctly We would like to investigate with you what may be happening. We have opened a case in the feedback assistant (FB13800710) so you can investigate further. We open the case here so that other people can collaborate with us in depth. Thank you so much Looking forward to hearing from your side. All the best! LogsApplication
Posted
by
0 Replies
One of our apps got hit by the ITMS-91065: Missing Signature issue when we attempted to distribute it to externally via TestFlight. The email said FirebaseCore is missing the signature file within our own framework. After investigation, I realized our recent update to the version of Firebase that has the proper signatures and privacy manifest wasn't enough by itself. Similar to Apple's own instructions on embedding static frameworks since Xcode 15, Firebase instructs us to select the Embed & Sign option. After making the appropriate changes though, we're getting the error in Transporter: Asset validation failed (90085): No architectures in the binary Our setup is as follows: We have an analytics dynamic framework, which depends on Firebase's static framework. The Firebase related frameworks are embedded and signed in our analytics framework. Our app depends on the analytics dynamic framework, which now includes Firebase frameworks within its framework. Since the Firebase frameworks are static, only the Info.plist and the resource bundle with privacy manifest and another Info.plist are included. After searching online, some suggest it's because of the Info.plist included. For example, FirebaseCore.framework, which specifies CFBundleExecutable yet it's not included within the framework itself. I don't expect the executable to get included here though. I opened an issue on Firebase's Github, which has more information. I am not sure how to proceed from here. Is there something I am missing? I would appreciate assistance. Thank you.
Posted
by
0 Replies
I've created a Full Immersive VisionOS project and added a spacial video player in the ImmersiveView swift file. I have a few buttons on a different VideosView swift file on a floating window and i'd like switch the video playing in ImmersiveView when i click on a button in VideosView file. Video player working great in ImmersiveView: RealityView { content in if let videoEntity = try? await Entity(named: "Video", in: realityKitContentBundle) { guard let url = Bundle.main.url(forResource: "video1", withExtension: "mov") else {fatalError("Video was not found!")} let asset = AVURLAsset(url: url) let playerItem = AVPlayerItem(asset: asset) let player = AVPlayer() videoEntity.components[VideoPlayerComponent.self] = .init(avPlayer: player) content.add(videoEntity) player.replaceCurrentItem(with: playerItem) player.play() }else { print("file not found!") } } Buttons in floating window from VideosView: struct VideosView: View { var body: some View { VStack{ Button(action: {}) { Text("video 1").font(.title) } Button(action: {}) { Text("video 2").font(.title) } Button(action: {}) { Text("video 3").font(.title) } } } } In general how do I control the video player across views and how do I replace the video when each button is selected. Any help/code/links would be greatly appreciated.
Posted
by
1 Replies
Recently we have started refactoring some code to use Swift concurrency in Xcode 15.3. As we have added some new async methods and Tasks, new runtime warnings have emerged titled "Known Hang" and several are listed. None of the stack traces listed with these warnings are in areas directly modified but some of the same types/methods called are also called from the modified areas. So I can sort of understand why they are coming up...but they had to have been there before we added the Swift concurrency. Example of a tooltip with the warnings: My first query is: Are these warnings only issued when Swift concurrency is added/applied (as they were not there when using closures and mostly just off the main thread to network calls)? The documentation indicates these can all be suppressed by turning off the Thread Performance Checker BUT I would rather just suppress the few places as we refactor our codebase (as it is quite large). In that way, any new ones may be documented and we can decide to fix them now or later. I have tried to follow the instructions and added an environment variable PERFC_SUPPRESSION_FILE (in the Scheme) with a full path to a file formatted similarly to the example in the documentation. class:NSManagedObjectContext method:-[NSManagedObjectContext save:] My second query is: I have verified that the variable is set by reading it from the ProcessInfo. However, regardless of my settings, the runtime warnings are still presented. I could not find any examples or even any mention of others using this environment variable. I am reaching out with any advice or ideas to try. Has anyone successfully tried this or found an issue/alternative? Help me Mr. Wizard!
Posted
by
0 Replies
I have an app with which users take photos and upload them in batches. It's used often on older devices, in areas with less than ideal network, and for durations of a full workday - so often the device has low power. The current implementation of uploads uses an NSURLSession configured for the foreground, and as a result my users are used to having to keep the app in the foreground while an upload completes. However, these uploads are big and connectivity is often low, so this takes a long time - often users are stuck waiting with the app foregrounded for 15 minutes or so while the upload completes. So, I created a build which uses an NSURLSession configured for the background. In the ideal case, users could start the upload, put the device in their pocket and continue their workday, and the next time they open their device it will be complete. For some users this ideal case has come true. However, for others, the uploads sit in progress for an indeterminate amount of time, making no progress. My suspicion is that this is because the OS is deferring them until a time when network and power is more available. However, my users are using work devices at a work location - reliable power and network might never be available. Being able to background the app and continue working is valuable for these users, but having the upload complete promptly is essential for them. My questions are: Is it true that background configured NSURLSessions will defer network requests when connectivity or power is low, even if discretionary = NO? Is the exact behavior for when requests will be attempted in the background documented? Is there a way to reliably test background configured NSURLSessions in XCode? I've attempted throttling my connection with Charles Proxy, and using my device in Low Power Mode, but I'm unable to reproduce the request stalling behavior my users are experiencing in the wild. Is there a way to create an NSURLSession that will muscle through difficult or inefficient uploads in the background, with the same reliability as a foreground session? If not, what is Apple's recommended approach to situations like mine? I've considered queueing both a background and foreground upload, and cancelling the other once one completes, but this seems disrespectful to the user's resources. Will setting timeoutIntervalForResource to a lower value cause the OS to more aggressively attempt uploads? Or simply to throw an error sooner? I want the OS to give the upload a long time to complete, but I also want it to attempt it right away. Thanks for any information!
Posted
by
0 Replies
Hello, I've upgraded Xcode to newest 15.4 and now I cannot edit text in the output console (debugger). The Xcode console (output) does not allow editing text and does not allow any text input anymore. I've seen that this may be related to structured logging. I used to mark things in console output by typing some notes for me when debugging. How to do that? How to make Xcode console allow input like add line break to mark items in my log, or add notes?
Posted
by
0 Replies
I've implemented Apple Archive in the app I'm working on and have implemented lzfse algorithm. The framework is extremely impressive in terms of the speed and compression ratios. I'm using the closure in ArchiveStream.writeDirectoryContents to indicate what the current file is being processed, but there doesn't seem to be a way to pull out progress % on each file. I've seen examples here [Accelerate].(https://developer.apple.com/documentation/accelerate/compressing_and_decompressing_files_with_stream_compression) but these aren't using the Apple Archive Framework... I'd really like to stick with the Apple Archive Framework if possible as it's simple and very fast.
Posted
by
0 Replies
inapp purchase product has been in review for more than 24 hours, although we have another product that was submited for review after the first one and it has been approved already
Posted
by
0 Replies
Hi, I am developing Cordova apps/games with in-app purchase products as well as an initial product as non-paid (Free) tier: New users will be able to play freely for a set of games as default at the beginning. Then, if they would like to have more games with different set of attributes or themes, they can add more games with in-app purchases. It is similar to a game called Subway Surfers in App Store I would play in the past. A new player initiates games as Free Tier. After, let us say 3 games, the user is asked if he/she would like to have more games to play with different scenes/themes in different Tiers, in addition to their disposal: Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3. For example Tier 1 adds 3 more games into the Free Tier games so they can play 6 games in the set;Tier 2 add 6 more games and so 9 games they can play and so on. Each individual game in their set is a variant of others in differing Tiers. If they don't wish and play Free Tier games, they may play them too, with limited set of themes but infinite times. If a user chooses a tier, let us say Tier 1, and when they play 6 games, they are asked if they would like advance to Tier 2 or Tier 3. If they choose Tier 2, as they complete the respective games they will be asked for Tier 3. However, if they don't wish to advance, again they can play current Tier games as many times as they wish. It is like non-subscription apps then converted to subscription-based ones. In App Store Connect, I created a number of products for in-app purchases for an app. How I can deliver this Free Tier games in the app and let users try it and allow them to choose in-app purchase products available in AppStore Connect. I would appreciate response and support. Best Lexxyacc
Posted
by
2 Replies
Hi there -- I'm cleaning up the accessibility in our app and making sure it adheres to Apple's suggested guidelines. For accessibilityHint, apple lists a couple of suggestions in the doc here: https://developer.apple.com/documentation/objectivec/nsobject/1615093-accessibilityhint Notably this one is one that I'm having to change a lot in our app: Don’t include the action type in the hint. For example, don't create hints like “Tap to play the song” or “Tapping plays the song.” However, we have some buttons that do different actions based on a double or triple tap in VoiceOver, so our hint looks something like: "Double tap to do X, Triple Tap to do Y" This violates the accessibilityHint guidelines, but I feel like changing this would mean the customer loses out on valuable information. What does apple suggest we do in this case? Thanks in advance!
Posted
by

TestFlight Public Links

Get Started

Pinned Posts

Categories

See all